Chimpanzee’s Social Behavior
Did you know that Chimpanzees and humans come from the same ancestors?
There are a lot of interesting facts about how chimpanzees behave in their groups. Read the following fun facts to know more!
- Chimpanzees like to groom each other, it improves their community relationships.
- Chimpanzees can learn to recognize the number 1 to 9 and their values.
- In an experiment in 1960s, experimenters tried to teach a Chimpanzees the American Sign Language. And they reported that the chimpanzee learnt 151 signs and taught them to other chimpanzees.
- If a chimpanzee mother falls ill, the siblings or other mothers in the group take care of her child.
- Chimpanzees have a communication system which involves body language, sounds, facial expressions, just like humans.