Listening Actively | Parent Child Bonding Session
What is active listening?
Active listening is a way of listening and responding to another person that improves mutual understanding. It is an important first step to defuse the situation and seek solutions to problems.
What will happen in the event?
In this one hour session we will be doing lots of activities so that you and your children can bond with each other and explore how active listening can help your family become stronger. You will also discover how each of you can improve your social skills. Since this session will be activity based, both you and your child will be getting a chance to participate in these activities. As always, the unique way in which CueKids approaches this concept would be by analysing body language and teaching you how to do the same in easy to follow simple steps.
What would be the key takeaways?
While the biggest take away would be the bond you make with your child, the artworks and assignments will also be your treasure. We assure you that! Apart from that the experience of how rewarding it is to spend quality time with your family and children would be unparalleled.
What can active listening do to your family ?
- Strengthens understanding between parents and children
- Helps bridge the generation gaps occurring due to miscommunication.
- Fosters trust and nurtures confidence.
- Promotes healthy communication that makes family members feel that they are being heard and their say matters.
How can active listening promote social skills in both children and adults?
- Active listeners gradually become patient individuals who believe in giving a chance to explain their point and grow.
- Children become more sensitive towards others and develop compassion.
- Active listeners generally bloom into empathetic human beings, thereby having better knowledge of social skills.
What can good social skills do to your kids?
- Improved Conversational Skills
- Enhanced Empathy for Others
- Better Mental Health Management